Current employment opportunities in Ursinus College Athletics:
Head Coach - Women's Lacrosse
The Ursinus College Athletic department has an immediate opening for Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position. The candidate will be responsible for the administration and organization of a successful program that competes in the Centennial Conference and adheres to all NCAA Division III rules.
- Prepare, schedule and organize daily practice sessions, preparation for competition and off-season training;
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate Assistant Coaches and/or Volunteer Coaches;
- Organize, direct, and mentor the coaching staff to carry out the goals and objectives of the program;
- Schedule competitions in consultation with the Athletics administrators;
- Organize and administer the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, Centennial Conference, and Ursinus College policies and procedures;
- Manage all aspects of fundraising, alumni relations, and community outreach;
- Responsibly expend allocated budget and ensure that the budget balances each fiscal year;
- Engage in regular consultation with athletic training personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes;
- Implement appropriate risk management strategies at all times;
- Demonstrate concern for the overall welfare of student-athletes at all times;
- Work collaboratively with the Compliance Officer in regards to the rules and regulations of the NCAA and Centennial Conference;
- Field a team that will be as competitive as possible within the guidelines set by the NCAA, Centennial Conference and Ursinus College;
- Work to ensure the ongoing eligibility of athletes and monitor their academic progress;
- Provide general advising, mentoring and support to student-athletes;
- Engage in ethical decision-making and outstanding sportsmanship;
- Execute all of these responsibilities as head coach in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the women’s lacrosse program, of the Department of Athletics, and Ursinus College;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred/3-5 years of head coaching experience
- Knowledge of rules and techniques of the sport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, delegation and planning ability
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations
- Experience with recruiting and fundraising
Interested candidates should apply online here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Volunteer Assistant Coach - Women's Soccer
The women's soccer team is seeking a volunteer assistant coach. This position will assist in many phases of running the program. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to become an accomplished assistant coach.
Anticipated start date for this position is March 15.
Candidates are encouraged to send a resume to head coach Aileen Ascolese firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach
SCOPE AND SUMMARY OF POSITION
The position will support and assist the Head Strength and Conditioning coach in all phases of the strength and conditioning program. Duties will focus on providing and ensuring a safe training environment while directly overseeing the development and implementation of training programs for multiple student-athletes in a variety of sports.
- Assist with the design, and delivery of comprehensive strength, speed, agility, and conditioning programs for all assigned intercollegiate athletic teams
- Administer performance measures for each assigned team
- Implement and enforce all rules and policies with regard to the Strength and Conditioning program
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facilities as needed
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) in the form of C.S.C.S. or S.C.C.C. required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and motivate student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession and commitment to student-athletes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be a positive member of a team.
To apply, please send a resume to Eric Hoffman at email@example.com.
Athletic Communications Student Assistants
The Athletic Communications Department, working for Athletics, is seeking game-day workers to assist with filming, spotting during athletic events and assisting with writing and statistical services. Applicants should have a flexible schedule and be able to work evening and weekends. Knowledge of sports is helpful but not required. Will train.
Spotters – Help with statistical compilation by calling out play by play during games
Filmers – Operate live streaming video cameras at games. No prior experience necessary
Announcers – Perform public address duties (pre-game and in-game announcements, including starting lineups, goals, etc.)
Broadcasters – Play-by-play and color analysts needed for Ursinus home football and basketball games, in addition to other sports when possible
Social Media – Update the athletics Twitter/Facebook/Instagram pages with live scores and other content
Photographers – Assist with team pictures, head shots, and potential in-game photography. Prior photography experience preferred
Videographers – Help the Athletic Communications office to produce video content throughout the athletic year, including game highlights and feature content
Writers – Assist the Athletic Communications office with game recaps, press releases, and features
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.