The Ursinus College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is an organization of student-athlete leaders who represent the best interests of the student-athlete experience at Ursinus College, within the Centennial Conference and within the NCAA Division III. SAAC is dedicated to promoting excellence in academics and athletics, sportsmanship, citizenship and volunteerism while serving a liaison function between the college’s student athletes, and the athletic administration.
SAAC intends to enhance the student-athlete experience at Ursinus College and encourages input and feedback from the student body about any issues that need to be addressed or ideas that should be considered.
Follow us on Instagram! @ursinussaac
SAAC Staff Advisors
Marqus Hunter, Associate Athletic Director
Margaret White, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
2018-2019 Executive Board:
President: Samantha Garritano (’19 Softball)
Vice President: Kayla Quinn (’19 Softball)
Secretary: Lindsay Rush (’19 Gymnastics)
2018-2019 SAAC Members
Drew Fowler ’21 Baseball Delaney Baker ’21 Softball
Mike Stanziale ’20 Baseball Faith Carson ’19 Softball
Gabi Howell ’21 Field Hockey Meghan O'Leary ’19 Volleyball
Mikayla Jordan ’19 Field Hockey Lydia Pierce ’20 Volleyball
Mitch Bradford ’20 Football Francesca Bogiatzis ’20 Women's Basketball
Tom Garlick ’20 Football Marisa Morano ’21 Women's Basketball
Hailey DiCicco ’21 Gymnastics Brittany Gasser ’19 Women's Cross Country
Ellie LaFountain ’20 Gymnastics Meredith Steele ’21 Women's Cross Country
George Gordon ’21 Men's Basketball Courtney Cortese ’19 Women's Lacrosse
Lucas Olshevski ’21 Men's Basketball Carli Heimann ’21 Women's Lacrosse
John Haase ’20 Men's Cross Country Bridget Rauh ’19 Women's Soccer
Logan Mazullo ’20 Men's Cross Country Cailey Sanchez ’20 Women's Soccer
Aaron Grill ’21 Men's Lacrosse Sarah Wixted ’20 Women's Soccer
Chris Porzelt ’22 Men's Lacrosse Margrethe Leis ’20 Women's Swimming
Colin Klingman ’20 Men's Soccer Allie Thomas ’21 Women's Swimming
Justin Molyneaux ’19 Men's Soccer Madisen Harvey ’21 Women's Tennis
Kevin Gill ’19 Men's Swimming Maddie Sorebo ’21 Women's Tennis
Mike Prior ’21 Men's Swimming Michela Coleman ’21 Women's Track & Field
Kyle Bookman ’21 Men's Tennis Rachel Coleman ’21 Women's Track & Field
Mason Groff ’21 Men's Tennis Derek Gulotta ’19 Wrestling
Griffin McMann ’21 Men's Track & Field William McGinley ’19 Wrestling
Andrew Voyack ’19 Men's Track & Field
Functions of SAAC:
• Promote communication between athletics, administration, faculty, student-athletes and the Ursinus community.
• Disseminate athletic department information
• Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department formulation of policies.
• Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
• Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
• Organize community service efforts.
• Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees.
• Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
What is SAAC? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_w6o-1niM
You Can Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QcORlHFTl4